Yasss, fall is finally here! There’s nothing that says fall more than pumpkin and cold weather. Cozy up with a cup of tasty pumpkin soup, made just the way you like it.
Classic Pumpkin Soup with Sliced Beef Biltong (4-5 servings)
- 2.4 lb pumpkin, unpeeled weight
- 1 onion, sliced (white, brown, yellow)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled whole
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the pumpkin into 2.25″ slices. Cut the skin off, scrape seeds out, and then cut into chunks.
- Place the pumpkin, onion, garlic, broth and water in a pot – liquid won’t cover all the pumpkin. Bring to a boil, uncovered, then reduce heat and let simmer rapidly until pumpkin is tender.
- Remove from heat and use a stick blender to blend until smooth. If you don’t have a stick blender, use a blender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then stir in cream. Never boil soup after adding cream because it will separate!
- Ladle soup into bowls, drizzle over a bit of cream, sprinkle with pepper and parsley if desired.
- Top with several tender slices of biltong—pick your favorite flavor; each one will add a different twist to your soup.
Recipe adapted from “Pumpkin Soup by Nagi”. Click link for additional tips and videos on how to choose your pumpkins, milk vs cream, and more!
Find Spicy Peri Peri and Smoked sliced biltong at select Walmarts today! Download the ibotta app and receive $3.00 cash back.