When that protein craving comes around, but you are trying to stay healthy – this Biltong Thai salad recipe is a real winner! We love to use Stryve smoked beef biltong for the smoky flavor, but there are so many options available that are sure to satisfy your palate.
Simple to make, yet so delicious!
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15-20
- Use a mandoline to julienne the papaya. (Or you can buy a shredded papaya at Asian grocery stores)
- In a large mixing bowl add cold water and 1 tbsp of salt. Soak the papaya in water for 3 mins. Pour the papaya in a strainer and squeeze out any excess water with your hand. Repeat two more times.
- In a large bowl, mix water and vinegar. Add the papaya to the bowl and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- For the sauce, whisk together with water, Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, Sriracha, and sugar.
- Add the salad onto a serving platter, add shredded beef biltong, and garnish with fresh basil.
- Drizzle the sauce onto the salad and mix well before eating. Enjoy!