Hello 2019!!! It’s a new year and, maybe, it’s time for an ALL. NEW. YOU. That’s what resolutions are for, right? WRONG!
New Years and resolutions definitely go hand-in-hand, but it’s not the time to reinvent the wheel. Setting your exceptions too high or expecting results overnight is bound to end in failure. Instead, lean into any and all successes you found in 2018 and double down.
If you’re new to goal-setting, no worries! Here are four power moves to make 2019 your BEST year:
- Set SMART Goals
- Specific: Be as specific as you can about what you want to accomplish.
- Measurable: Include numbers and amounts—don’t say, “I want to make more money.” Well, duh, we all want that! Instead, say, “I’m going to make $10,000 more this year than last year.”
- Attainable: DON’T set goals that are completely impossible for wherever you currently are in your life. DO set goals that push you out of your comfort zone.
- Realistic: Goals are neither wishes nor dreams; set down-to-earth goals that build on past interests, successes, or skills.
- Timeline: Always keep on track by setting a timeline!
- Target Key Areas of Your Life
- Personal growth
- Giving back
- Work on Your Goals Daily
Take a small step towards your goal each day; you’ll be there before you know it!
- Track Your Wins!
Have a weekly check-in with yourself to measure your current progress and how much farther you have to go. Stay motivated by celebrating little wins!