Biltong Thai Salad Recipe
Posted on FEBRUARY 25, 2021
Beef biltong is not only for snacking… you can also use biltong to create delicious meals. What I love about @stryvebiltong it’s low carb, 0 sugar, high protein, keto and Paleo. Also, biltong is great in recipes for added flavor and as an extra protein kick!
I made Vietnamese Papaya Salad with Beef biltong.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 small shredded green papaya(1-1.5lb)
- 3 tbsp salt and water(for cleaning papaya)
- 1½ cup of water
- ¼ cup of rice vinegar
- ¾ cup of shredded @stryvebiltong beef biltong
- 3 sprigs of Thai basil leaves
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup peanuts
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 shredded carrots
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup of Hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp coco aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Use a mandoline to julienne the papaya. (Or you can buy a shredded papaya at Asian grocery stores)
- In a large mixing bowl add cold water and 1 tbsp of salt. Soak the papaya in water for 3 mins. Pour the papaya in a strainer and squeeze out any excess water with your hand. Repeat two more times.
- In a large bowl, mix water and vinegar. Add the papaya to the bowl and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- For the sauce, whisk together with water, Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, Sriracha, and sugar.
- Add the salad onto a serving platter, add shredded beef biltong, and garnish with fresh basil.
- Drizzle the sauce onto the salad and mix well before eating. Enjoy!
#stryvebiltong #biltong #biltongrecipes
Original recipe from: Diet and Fries